I agree to the Geno 2.0 Powered by Helix Product Consent
Geno 2.0 Powered by Helix Product Consent
- The Geno 2.0 Powered by Helix Product gives you rich details about your deep ancestry and the regions of the world through which your ancestors migrated. The Genographic Product is not a genealogy testing service, meaning it does not tell you details about recent generations or your close relatives.
- There are some risks associated with using the Geno 2.0 Powered by Helix Product. There is a risk you could learn something about yourself that you did not want to know. This could include finding out that your relatives are not related to you by blood. Since Genetic Information is inherited, these learnings could also impact your family.
- To use the Geno 2.0 Powered by Helix Product, you must give consent to Helix for Helix to share the portion of your Genographic Genetic Information needed by National Geographic to provide you with your Geno 2.0 Powered by Helix Product deep ancestry insights results.
- Because females do not carry a Y chromosome, this test will not reveal direct paternal deep ancestry for female participants. Females will learn other information about their paternal side of the family. And, some results are more detailed than others, depending on the lineage you belong to.
- You may have the opportunity to contribute your information to our Genographic database for research purposes, but, if so, you will provide a separate consent if you are interested in participating in other research. We will not use your Genographic Genetic Information for scientific research or share it or your email address with third parties for scientific research without your separate, express consent, as described above.